www.WeKeepYouFit.com / Founder of NYCGetFit
Why Exercise? Both acute and long term affects of cardiovascular exercise will reduce the likelihood that one will develop life-threatening diseases. Solely with cardiovascular exercise it will help to improve the risks of morbidity and mortality. The benefits of resistance training will increase muscular strength, endurance, power, size and reduced body fat.
Global Concerns for Obesity
- Diabetes: rapid global epidemic
- Musculo-skeletal disorders
- Cancer, child obesity, premature death
3500 CALORIES = 1 POUND OF FAT
Using energy for work is how we will burn calories. This process is called Metabolism. Exercise makes metabolism more efficient.
Exercise prevents the following diseases:
Cardiovascular disease - this is the NUMBER 1 cause of death
Obesity - 65% of the U.S. population are obese and it could attribute to the causes of
- State Estimates of Annual Medical Expenditures Attributable to Obesity is estimated at $6,080 million dollars.
- An estimated 30% of U.S. adults aged 20 years and older (over 60 million people) are obese, defined having
a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher
- An estimated 65% of U.S. adults aged 20 years and older are either overweight or obese, defined as having
a BMI of 25 or higher
- Having a BMI of 21 is associated with disease
Reduce the Burden of Being Overweight
- Achieve energy and healthy weight with proper diet and exercise
- Limit sugars - look at labels and check sugar!
- Limit intake of fats - switch from saturated to unsaturated
- Increase intake of legumes, whole grains and nuts (these are high fiber sources)
- Increase physical activity to 30 - 45 minutes 7 days a week
Interested in getting fit?
Get Started today!
Or Call Now: (646) - 283 -3312
The Benefits of Cardiovascular and Resistance Training with NYCGetFit
Exercising not only burns off stress and boosts endorphins but when you get your blood pumping it makes your brain function at its best.
Exercise is a powerful tamer of emotional stress. A fitness program that includes cardio-respiratory activity and strength training can help you lose body fat, build confidence, alleviate anxiety and depression, and boost self-esteem.
It is a proven fact that most people have special medical needs, such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. As a personal trainer I can help you with these or other issues, including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury and pre/postnatal training. I can work with your physician, physical therapist or other health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that will speed your recovery or enable you to reach your health goals.
Improve your overall fitness and health with cardiovascular and strength training, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance and coordination.
Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight in a shorter duration of time. Body fat reduction, weight reduction, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with realistic goals and I will determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
Sticking with a program that is just for you can provide motivation for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity. I can help you brainstorm ways to overcome your biggest obstacles to exercise.
You will learn the correct way to use equipment, have appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular and resistance training.
Get maximum results in minimum amount of time with a program designed specifically for you.
Enhance your overall health for mind, body and spirit. I can help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn’t realize you had giving you energy that will sustain you throughout the day.
Essential Fat: 10 - 12% (f) 2 - 4% (m)
Athletes: 14 -20% (f) 6 - 13% (m)
Fitness: 21 -24% (f) 14 - 17% (m)
Acceptable: 25 -31% (f) 18 - 25% (m)
Obese: 32% plus (f) 25 % plus (m)